Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to October and, also, my blog.  
The apples are ripe, the heat is on here in Chicago, and knitting season is in full swing.  That makes this the perfect day for the first post on my new blog. Introductions are always awkward, so I'll start.  I'm a thirty-something (36) stay-sort-of-at-home mama from Chicago. My house is a two-mom house and my son is 19 months old.  He's also a bit of a climber.  My personal mantra is becoming "Hey, get down from there."  I am a crafting fool.  I'll craft anything. Whatever it is, I always feel like "I can do that."  A quilt?  I'll try it.  A scarf?  Easy-peasey. Artisan bread?  In the oven.  A Buick?  I'll give it a shot.  My primary crafts are knitting, sewing and embroidery, but don't count out crochet, quilting, collage, and cooking. Crochet has taken the lead this week since I sprained my wrist on Tuesday.  Doing what, you ask?  Something dumb, I respond.  Let's just leave it at that.  I always figure I'll do everything right the first time.  Then there's a period of mourning when I realize maybe whatever it is takes practice.  On good days, this is followed by the euphoria of a finished object.  On bad days, this is followed by $25 in unused seed beads.

I fully admit that I'm quite the dilettante when it comes to crafts.  I want to do everything.  I try everything.  And since I'm also a competitive thrifter, my house is full.  Full of what, you ask? Mostly things I don't ever use.  Vintage finds to fix up, yarn, fabric, notions, hooks, needles, adhesives, Pyrex, textiles, and 800 baby toys.  I may never get to most of it, but it's about the possibility, my friends.


The numbness in my fingers tells me it's time to sign off for today.  I'll upload my photos and be done with it.  That'll probably take me an hour since my computer is also vintage.


No comments:

Post a Comment