Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Naps are for Babies

And obviously, my little guy is two, totally too old for naps. Today's got squandered in the car en route from a playdate to pick up my partner for post-surgical check-up. The good news is, she's healing nicely. The bad news is, the nap schedule went to--well, I'll just say we travelled in a hand-basket.

Before the nap fiasco, E and I had a superfun playdate with good friends, all girls plus E, who is all boy. He only hit like half of the girls, and of the ones he hit, only two cried. He ate his weight in pineapple, though, which both of us are already regretting. And he learned the word "solution". Genius.

In crafty news, I've got nothing. My craft today was cutting up the aforementioned pineapple. I also reheated some delicious polenta a good friend made for us to make my life easier. If you ask me, good friends are the best. I guess I did make the salad all by myself, complete with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped medium clove garlic, plus 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds. Yumsville. I prefer homemade salad dressing 100 to 1. And I prefer to dress the entire salad so the dressing gets evenly distributed. There is a school of thought that each person should put their own dressing on so they can control their levels. I think these people mostly are on diets. But their reasoning is flawed. I use way more dressing when I add it myself, plus I waste more. There's always a pool on my plate afterwards. And in these tough economic times, it's pound foolish to throw away perfectly good olive oil!

In other news, I totally got called out today as a Minnesotan when I said the word "bag." I'm learning to wear my accent as a badge of honor.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the nap. Your dressing was awesome, and Im totally of the latter school originally, but ive converted.

    ReplyDelete