Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring, Sprang, Sprung

It's happening again, just like last year. Winter is giving way to Spring and it is awesome. Summer is my favorite time of year because I'm a heat junkie. Still, there's nothing quite like those first few days when you can go outside without your coat. Or in your pajamas.

There's nothing quite like feeling warm enough while wearing regular socks. And something about the light makes even the junk on your kitchen table seem glorious.

I fantasize pretty frequently about moving to some tropical climate without Winter. California, Hawaii, Belize. Maybe live on the beach and forget about my pasty white skin and wearing three pairs of socks just to be not freezing. The Minnesotan in me does wonder, though, if I could truly appreciate the warm if not for the cold. I'll never find out, though. I'm pretty sure I'm a midwesterner for life.

I'm searching for a nice transition into talking about something else and I'm failing. How about a nice springtime picture of my apron collection?


So I did actually fulfill most of my menu from last week. I made my first Corned Beef and Cabbage.

It turned out superdelicious, but there's no way I'm showing a picture of the meat. It was nothing short of utterly nasty looking. I was completely shocked at how yummy it tasted. It would have been even better if I'd been able to fit more cabbage in. My slow cooker was too small. I think I'm ready for a bigger size in the next few months. Hmm. I think I may be a housewife!


No comments:

Post a Comment